The Bicycle Buyer team has been flooded with queries from people seeking last minute gift ideas for cycling enthusiasts. With less than one week until Christmas, we created a list of gift ideas to make life easier. We even put the ideas at different price points.
We also spoke to some cycling friends to get their thoughts on good gift ideas and what they'd like from Santa...
Gift From $200-500
- GoPro or other action cameras to capture their cycling moments.
- Book a weekend to a cycling destination such as Forrest in Victoria or the Adelaide Hills.
- If your loved one is a road cyclist, chance are they'll need new clothing. Try some of these finer brands that are found in good local bike shops: Rapha, MAAP and
- Are they numbers people? A Garmin or similar cycle computer is great for keeping facts and figures.
Gifts From $50-200
- New sunglasses to compliment their new clothing is a must. In the week leading up to Christmas, we will express post all Swiss Eye sunglasses.
- A coffee table book full of pictures of bikes, cycling culture and cycling destinations will always be read. Some of our favourites are listed here, but you'll need to find them in a quality book shop due to missing the cut-off for delivery.
Gifts Under $50
- A quality multi tool - this would include the following tools: chain breaker, tyre levers, torn t25 and 18-25 functions.
- Spare tubes are like jocks and socks, they may not seem fantastic immediately, but they'll pay dividends at some stage. If you don't know the tube sizes, take a photo of the numbers on the tyre head to the local bike shop.
Free Gift Ideas
- Go riding vouchers. Possibly the best gift you can give...print some vouchers and let your loved one go riding for the weekend. You can select the number of vouchers you provide.
- Bike wash vouchers. As above, create some vouchers that allow the cyclist in your life to get a nice bike wash. Be sure to get advice on the right stuff to use when cleaning.